Funded in 2017, the Portuguese Textile Cluster is a sectoral support structure whose main purpose is to stimulate processes of interaction, articulation, collaboration and information sharing within the economic aggregate itself, acting in a way that is supplementary to the performance of its own as an instrument of obtaining increments of competitiveness for innovation and internationalization, in a logic of collective efficiency.
The Portuguese Textile Cluster has currently implemented 5 Special Interest Groups (SIG) with fundamental functions of strategic thinking around the main pillars of Cluster intervention. These groups are an active instrument of intelligence, strategic thinking and monitoring.
Composed by 60 members, the Portuguese Textile Cluster is a platform where these entities establish win-win relationships, with the ultimate objective of producing and sharing knowledge as a support for innovation and competitiveness.
The Portuguese Textile Cluster assumes as main strategic objectives:
Sharing information and strategic thinking;
Design the cluster internationally;
Streamline ID + I and interclustering opportunities;
Promote the execution of structuring projects;
To promote the spillover effect to the sector as a whole.
Thus, aligned with the established in its mission and vision, the Portuguese Textile Cluster defined as strategic activities to develop:
Mobilize for the formulation of strategic thinking in areas such as: talents, training and education; research, development and innovation; sustainability; creativity and fashion; internationalization and access to public markets; financing; relations between clusters;
- Facilitate the elimination of overlaps and conflicts in collective interventions and, in areas not covered by its members, to promote such interventions;
- Empowering complementarities;
- Promote the Cluster image both nationally and internationally;
- Facilitate the emergence and development of networks and value chains with a stronger position in innovation and external markets;
- Monitor activities of collective nature oriented to the cluster;
- To collaborate with official or public interest entities in the area of its main object, with a view to creating the conditions for carrying out the mission;
- To promote contact activities, information sharing and mutual recognition among members, namely tertúlias, seminars, colloquia, conferences, etc .;
- Provide its members with the support needed to defend their interests.